Mana Curve

8 6 12 16 6 2 0 0

Cards Attributes

Card Distribution & Keywords

Charge 6
Guard 6
Last Gasp 3
Lethal 1
Slay 1
Regenerate 0
Treasure Hunt 0
Wane 0
Wax 0
Ward 0
Rally 0
Pilfer 0
Breakthrough 0
Betray 0
Drain 0
Exalt 0
Plot 0
Assemble 0
Prophecy 0

Export

To The Elder Scrolls: Legends: Export to The Elder Scrolls: Legends To BBCode: Export BB Code File BB Code:

Swindler's OTK

By: GideonAI
View other Decks by GideonAI
Posted: 2 years ago
Updated: 2 years ago
Outdated (DarkBrotherhood patch)
Crafting Cost: 6400crystal
Missing Soul Gems: Add your collection to see the soul gems you are missing.
+8
Swindler's OTK is a One-Turn-Kill (OTK) Combo deck. Using plenty of card draw, 0-Magicka Charge minions, and Supports that buff said Charge minions, you can reliably kill someone in one turn every game. This is a very powerful strategy in Elder Scrolls Legends, as all the cards you draw for your opponent by breaking Runes cannot be used by them if they are dead. Most Prophecies won't have any effect either, making this deck well-suited to beating both Control and Aggro Prophecy decks. On the other hand, more "honest" Aggro decks like Token Archer or Midrange strategies are more difficult to beat.

Legend Proof:
https://i.redd.it/bunjuwqnrhiy.png

Because there are so many different ways of building this deck, I'll only focus on the one I piloted to Legend and I won't be including a "substitute and alternate options" section this time.

FALL OF THE DARK BROTHERHOOD EXPANSION: I cut the 2 Markarth Bannermen and added in one more Hidden Trail alongside Astrid. Markarth definitely won me a few games, but I realized that I would much rather have another Support instead of a big creature that your enemy has removal waiting for - and believe me, this deck doesn't put out any threats aside from Markarth, so they'll be saving up their removal. Astrid provides consistent achievement of the goal that the Brotherhood Slayer attempts to do, due to the Lethal. However, if you don't have the Dark Brotherhood expansion, just throw in another Curse.

GENERAL MATCHUPS:

W/L Swindler's OTK
8/4 vs Ramp Scout
10/10 vs Sorcerer
4/6 vs Assassin
16/3 vs Mage
14/10 vs Spellsword
17/7 vs Battlemage
6/4 vs Warrior
6/5 vs Archer
3/3 vs Monk
9/2 vs Crusader
93/54

Aggro:
Mulligan away any combo pieces like Supports or Firebrands. Keep your early draw cards and removal, even Curse. Do everything you can to stop damage to your face. You need to figure out exactly how long you can survive and factor in any burst damage your opponent may have, including from Items. This lets you know whether you have to spend Magicka on removal or dumping it on Supports if you're getting near OTK.

Midrange:
Mulligan for Northwind Outposts, Guards, and hard removal. You can't stall very effectively against Midrange because their minions are much more efficient and hard to remove. However, they are much less likely to have burst from and empty board. If you can wipe their minions off the board before they can start snowballing, do it, even if you have to use Firebrands to do so. Your opponent will give you more cards to replace them.

Control:
Mulligan for card draw, raiding Parties, and Hidden Trails, drop everything else. Most of the time this is an easy matchup. Try to be greedy with your combo pieces and hold onto Northwind Outposts until the combo, unless your opponent is pressuring you. Sometimes you actually can't play Raiding Party because it will overdraw you, it's usually acceptable to wait to play that too.

INDIVIDUAL CARD USAGE AND DESCRIPTION:

Nord Firebrand:
5 of these plus 5 buffers and you've got 30 damage from the hand for as low as 0 Magicka the turn you play it. Use them wisely, just remember that sometimes you need to get rid of one or two just to survive.

Close Call:
These are even better than Firebrands as they will trigger all your Swindler's Markets an additional time, sometimes getting you the extra damage you need for lethal. You may be forced into using this on a Murkwater Witch or Leaflurker for defence, or on a Merchant's Camel if your hand is really bad.

Curse:
This deck needs Magicka to play its card draw and Supports out, so this little gem is really useful for playing even with 0 Magicka available for defense. In addition, it triggers your Finish Off's and Leaflurkers while also activating Swindler's Markets, making it invaluable in all matchups. Sometimes you can even just play it on it's own to slow down a creature that you know will be around for several turns, reducing incoming damage drastically over time. Other times you will actually use Curse to squeeze in the last few points of damage for lethal.

Shadow Shift:
This is mostly taken for the cheap card draw, but it has plenty of other uses. It's great for adjusting the positioning of your Guard creatures against Aggro, or your Varanis Couriers that your opponent is trying to ignore. It also has usage when you are OTKing and your opponent's Prophecy throws a Guard in your way. In those situations, you can move a Firebrand that hasn't attacked or an Orc Clan Captain into the other lane and start swinging from there.

Rapid Shot:
Cheap card draw and combos very well with other damaging effects/Finish Off and Leaflurker. You may need to use these on your own minions to accelerate card draw against Control, or use it inefficiently against 1 health

Finish Off:
Huge tempo gain for very little cost. This card can be activated in so many ways, but sometimes you may have to use it inefficiently. Against an Aggro/Midrange 4/2, for example, sometimes you have to Rapid Shot/Finish Off just to prevent the repetitive damage coming in.

Murkwater Witch:
Another hugely efficient card for very cheap, this card can be used to destroy early game Aggro pushes or trigger your Finish Offs against Control.

Thieves Guild Recruit:
Crucial card draw, even though you can't trigger his bonus ability in this deck. Also useful for basic combat against Aggro.

Northwind Outpost:
Probably the best card in the deck. Doubles, triples, or even quadruples the base damage of your Firebrands for only 2 Magicka. It's so cheap you don't mind the tempo loss from getting it destroyed, but that also means that you can hold onto it until combo time when you'll likely have enough Magicka to play it anyway (against Control, that is). The only negative about this card is that it doesn't do anything for you in the meantime, as the only Strength cards you'll be throwing down regularly are Markarth Bannermen. At least with Orc Clan Captain, you can use him to make some emergency trades with your Agility minions.

Orc Clan Captain:
Most of the time he is a worse Northwind Outpost, but he's still in the deck for consistencies' sake.

Raiding Party:
Never leave home without it! Getting guaranteed 2 Firebrands is crucial from this card, and in some situations wins you the game on the spot. However, as I mentioned above, against Control don't rush to play this too early unless they are pressuring you early on. You may end up with too many "can't play" cards in your hand like Close Calls and Captains, and you'll be forced to play Firebrands or overdraw the Supports you need to combo.

Swindler's Market:
This card is really interesting. Sometimes you need to wait to play it until after using a Curse or somesuch as it can break enemy Runes unintentionally, but other times you need it down as fast as possible against Aggro decks. When OTKing, remember that it will break Runes before you attack with your Firebrands, and there are a few Prophecies that will Shackle, kill, or block your Firebrands. To counter this, plan your OTK so that you can break Runes either after you hit face with the Firebrands or when casting a Close Call or Curse. This way, they won't have anything to Shackle, Lightning Bolt, or Guard against.

Crushing Blow:
Yes, Malefic Wreath is that bad. Crushing Blow is necessary in many situations just to remove moderately sized threats, although it can also be used for that little bit of extra reach when killing your opponent.

Varanis Courier:
Very good stall card along with giving more consistency in the form of card draw.

Merchant's Camel:
This card is so good in this deck I cannot even begin to express it. With so many simple "card draw" effects that you need to pay for, using Merchant's Camel you can simply draw straight through them. If you get the options of Thieves Guild Recruit, Shadow Shift, and Raiding Party, it is as if you played a 4 Magicka 1/4 that drew and then played 2 other cards that draw for you, and you dig all the way to your much-needed combo pieces.

Hidden Trail:
This card is a 2-of partially because it has a negative effect (most of the time you cannot take advantage of the extra Shadow Lane but your opponent likely will), but also because 4 Magicka costs can make things really awkward. However, it is far better than Northwind Outpost in the Control matchup as you can double the attack of your Recruits, Witches, Couriers, and Camels while also building up to your combo. It also adds some more consistency to the whole idea.

Markarth Bannerman:
When Bannerman gets an attack in, it usually signifies game over because the effect is so powerful (cast a 3 Magicka Raiding Party for free!). However, it is a 2-of in this deck partially because Markarth almost never gets an attack in, and partially because, with all of the card draw in this deck, getting an attack in with Markarth is not as necessary to win. If you have a Markarth in hand, refrain from hitting face as you don't want Markarth breaking any Runes.

Leaflurker:
With all of the small minions and wound effects in the deck, this guy shines. He is mostly valuable in slowing down the advances of Midrange and Control decks by eating up Lightning Bolts/Crushing Blows or 2-for-1ing your opponent.

Share on:



21 Comments

This vs miracle warrior.........your pick would be
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
Do you mean for laddering with? To beat the current meta?
GideonAI wrote:
Do you mean for laddering with? To beat the current meta?
yeah....i mean what do you prefer for fun and ladder.I tried it.....it has potential but i guess i am not an OTK player.
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
To be honest, I prefer the Archer. The Warrior variant has some really crazy combos where the Archer is simpler, but I dislike the heavy amount of RNG involved with Wrothgar Forge. It is also considerably worse against Spellsword, which is the most common deck I've been facing lately.
beetlejukes 2 years ago
Interesting. I use pretty much the same set-up with few differences. Can't get my hands on the camel so I just slapped 3 Triumphant Jarls in there, and 3. I guess I'd try to play around with the Market, seems like an interesting idea.

BTW what do you think on getting a couple of goblin skulks in the deck just to be sure to get your hands on the 0-cost cards?
EDIT: Duh, I've just realized that I've already talked to you on the camel subject when I tried out your OTKrusader deck.
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
The Goblin Skulk thing comes up a lot, just compare it to Thieves Guild Recruit. You need to wait a turn to draw, chances it hits face in the early game are extremely slim with everyone and their mother running Firebolts, Harpies, and/or Executes, being Archer the enemy will try to mulligan specifically for said answers, chances it hits face after the early game are almost 0 what with Guards and Silences around, and it requires you to damage enemy face which is the last thing you ever want to do until combo time. Hate to shoot down the idea, I just don't want you losing as many games as I did when I used Skulk.

Triumphant Jarl will almost never trigger for you unless you are aggressively dumping combo pieces to protect your face for 6 turns straight, all for 2 extra cards. I've seen people post good results with Earthbone Spinners or Belligerent/Vigilant Giants, but regardless, there are many many options better than Jarl.
nice thanks for taking any kind of skill out the game by posting decks on here....
FluffyLegend 2 years ago
GideonAI wrote:
To be honest, I prefer the Archer. The Warrior variant has some really crazy combos where the Archer is simpler, but I dislike the heavy amount of RNG involved with Wrothgar Forge. It is also considerably worse against Spellsword, which is the most common deck I've been facing lately.
i removed wrothgar forge in my version i added jarls......i am currently legend 25
and i also renamed my deck Jarl ballin swag
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
Haha, was that the list you were using in CVH's latest video (https://youtu.be/-WZoXY5H_a0?t=8m39s)? If so, I can see you weren't exactly going for a stall/Control OTK combo... I think you'd want to totally revamp the list and replace the Enchanted Plates, Silvenar Trackers, Skaven Pyromancers, Disciple of Namiras, and Rapid Shots with Relentless Raiders, Iron Swords, another Earthbone, you know, more aggressive face Aggro type stuff.

I noticed in the video you were also running the Wood Orc Headhunter. I always wanted to try him out but always had something else I wanted to craft first :(
FluffyLegend 2 years ago
GideonAI wrote:
Haha, was that the list you were using in CVH's latest video (https://youtu.be/-WZoXY5H_a0?t=8m39s)? If so, I can see you weren't exactly going for a stall/Control OTK combo... I think you'd want to totally revamp the list and replace the Enchanted Plates, Silvenar Trackers, Skaven Pyromancers, Disciple of Namiras, and Rapid Shots with Relentless Raiders, Iron Swords, another Earthbone, you know, more aggressive face Aggro type stuff.

I noticed in the video you were also running the Wood Orc Headhunter. I always wanted to try him out but always had something else I wanted to craft first :(
well i had a shitty draw and he had a perfect draw.If i had 1 silence instead of enchanted plate or earth-bone spinner his game was over.i want to craft another woodorc to replace markarth which usually dies quickly.i also have no disciple of namira
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
Yeah, without Disciple of Namira you're kinda forced into the Aggro gameplan. As an all-in Combo OTK deck, most draws feel like bad draws. If you do pick up a few copies of Disciple, I do suggest trying out the "alternate win condition" of holding your Chargers until you can kill your opponent in one turn with burst damage.
GideonAI wrote:
Yeah, without Disciple of Namira you're kinda forced into the Aggro gameplan. As an all-in Combo OTK deck, most draws feel like bad draws. If you do pick up a few copies of Disciple, I do suggest trying out the "alternate win condition" of holding your Chargers until you can kill your opponent in one turn with burst damage.
too late i made my second woodorc headhunter today
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
Do whatcha wanna! Headhunter is a super cool card.
pagem 2 years ago
Have you considered adding Smugglers Haul to this deck. That would seem like an easy way to get enough 0 costs spells though RNG dependent to get an OTK?
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
The only 2 0-cost cards we need for the OTK are Firebrands and Close Calls. There is only an 18% chance to get either of those off of Smugglers Haul. Besides, some games you never even draw Swindlers but still OTK because of the way the deck is designed - to buff Firebrands. Every other 0-cost card only synergizes with Swindlers which, even if you do draw 1 or 2, will still only deal 1 to 2 damage per. We need 30 damage.

Curses are in the deck solely for the purpose of cheap removal, not because of Swindler's Market. Also, even with Firebrands and Close Calls hitting for 4-6 damage a pop, you still frequently need a full hand in order to pull off an OTK. Back when I was using Smuggler's Haul, I would have to dump combo pieces just to make room in my hand for the Haul. At 6 Magicka, requiring 3 empty spots in your hand, and being entirely RNG dependant, it fits far better in an Action Assassin list than Swindler's OTK (even with just a 50% chance to get any Actions off it).
pagem 2 years ago
GideonAI wrote:
The only 2 0-cost cards we need for the OTK are Firebrands and Close Calls. There is only an 18% chance to get either of those off of Smugglers Haul. Besides, some games you never even draw Swindlers but still OTK because of the way the deck is designed - to buff Firebrands. Every other 0-cost card only synergizes with Swindlers which, even if you do draw 1 or 2, will still only deal 1 to 2 damage per. We need 30 damage.

Curses are in the deck solely for the purpose of cheap removal, not because of Swindler's Market. Also, even with Firebrands and Close Calls hitting for 4-6 damage a pop, you still frequently need a full hand in order to pull off an OTK. Back when I was using Smuggler's Haul, I would have to dump combo pieces just to make room in my hand for the Haul. At 6 Magicka, requiring 3 empty spots in your hand, and being entirely RNG dependant, it fits far better in an Action Assassin list than Swindler's OTK (even with just a 50% chance to get any Actions off it).

Just seen your reply, thanks. What you say makes perfect sense and I have even learnt the hardway today as I swapped out Hidden Trail for two Smugglers Hauls and in several games was forced to discard. I will go back to your list as is. Thanks again!
1 Reply
GideonAI 2 years ago
By all means, keep on experimenting with different cards. Just know that getting Smuggler's Haul to work is gonna be an uphill battle.

Also know that you will be forced to discard every now and then anyway, mostly from Rune breakage or when you've got all the pieces you need and just need the Magicka to play it.
Nekrid 1 year ago
Hello! I guess that I am a bit late, but anyways, let's go :D. What do u think about adding the skaven Pyromancer? And unstoppable rage with the sanctuary pets? Nice deck man, it inspired me a lot.
1 Reply
Yeah Skaven and Sanctuary Pets are really good controlly cards, the former improves the Aggro matchup while the latter improves the Midrange matchup. Not too sure if Rage has enough synergy though, despite being one of the only board clears available to Archer.

The real question is what would you cut to replace them? I suppose Murkwater Witches can be fairly low-impact against Midrange, and Varanis Couriers are an incredibly slow form of draw, or if you want to cut some control elements you could drop the Curses. Let me know if it works out!
Reply
You must be logged in to reply.
Please  Log In or  Register