An Update on TES: Legends Development + Tamriel Collection

2019_12_08_tamriel.jpg

An Update on TES: Legends Development + Tamriel Collection

By: Ashmore 1 month ago
An Update on The Elder Scrolls: Legends

Yesterday, CVH posted an update about Legends' future on Reddit:
CVH wrote:
We would like to provide an update on Legends in regard to new content. Our previous roadmap indicated we would be releasing one more set this year. We decided to put any new content development or releases on hold for the foreseeable future. This decision will not in any way affect the release and development of GAEA’s Asia-specific version of Legends, which is operated separately, but will inform our decisions on content and feature development going forward.

Until then, you can still download and play Legends on all existing platforms and compete online as well as in the single-player modes. We will also continue to support the game with monthly reward cards and regular in-game events. New expansions and other future content, however, are no longer under active development. We will continue to provide ongoing maintenance support.

To thank you all for supporting Legends these past few years, and for continuing to play with us, we are giving away The Tamriel Collection – an assortment of new, three-attribute cards and more – to all players for free upon their next login. We are immensely grateful to work on The Elder Scrolls: Legends, to have you as a community, and we sincerely appreciate the love and support you’ve given us.

The Tamriel Collection
The Tamriel Collection has been updated to Legends-decks.com and you can check the new cards here!

Comments

29 Comments

Omnis 1 month ago
WTF !? :(
Sounds like the end of the game... 😭
Man am I glad I never invested a dime in this game lol. I was always hesitant to make a purchase when I saw how low the player base of this game was. I knew it was only a matter of time before Bethesda's greed would unravel, and pull the plug on this game.
2 Replies
Well, you invested your time and time is more valueable than money. Money can be earned.
I dont like your i-dont-give-a-shit-about-your-hard-work mentality.
Whatever. Its a great Game and a great Community. With or without you. Thank you Bethesda and all the ESL Players for the good times (to come). I will stay and see whats happen. See you at the table.
Skynomad 1 month ago
@Laotian_Commotion : just tell me how a game can last several years if people don't spend money on it. Being free to play is cool, I got it, but obviously you played more than a year so I guess you enjoyed that game. I don't see any reason to be glad it s shuting down, even if you didn't spend a dime in it. It was a time when if you wanted to play a game, you needed to buy it... I started TESL from beta, spend a bit money in it, not much, but it was really worth the lot of hours I played it. I dont regret that money, and your comment is just the typical player speech leeding this game to an end.
Laotian_Commo... 1 month ago
You saps are just salty you blew all your money on a dead game lol. Keep those down votes coming losers! xD
1 Reply
Skynomad 1 month ago
dont worry for me man, i have no money issue ahaha. I m not salty, i m just disappointed the game is going to an end, that s different.
WickedTroLL 1 month ago
I said something dumb and the admin edited it.

Admin Note: English please
1 Reply
Raccoonrider 1 month ago
Here's a translation for everyone here who does not speak Russian:
WickedTroLL wrote:
Never assign a homosexual as a boss - it will all go through the ass. Hence CVH ruined the game :D :-/
And no, I don't approve of this.
Well we thought the game was dead back then when we had no expansion for a year but the expansions came back, just wait and see boys.
Laotian_Commotion wrote:
Right words! +1
Azelios 1 month ago
This sucks of course, but come one, the game is far from dead yet. There is still support and even a trickle of new content in the form of monthly cards. The existing content is huge imho, I have hardly begun to explore all it offers and I'm playing since HoM. To all lamenting (or gloating) over the 'loss of investment', if they continued to add stuff at a pace like they did, they would soon have to rotate older content out, so the 'loss' would have happened either way. Personally, I don't regret any coin or hour spent on this game, and I don't intent on stopping to play it as long as there is anyone left to play with me.
4 Replies
Omnis 1 month ago
You're right ! Thx you cheer me up :)
A sane man of culture.
I hope they don't shut the servers down for a few years at least. I'm okay with the existing cards being all there is. Still so many combos and new decks to make.
I find it so strange that people view paying for a game as an “investment” but they will pay to watch a movie, or to go to see a band play and not think the money was “wasted” if they got a couple of hours of entertainment from it. I’ve gotten hundreds of hours of entertainment from this game for a few cents per hour. Seems like a fair deal to me.
Aephereus 1 month ago
Why does everyone think the game is dead or the game is going to die all of a sudden?
CVH only wrote that new content would be put on hold. That is probably just a good thing.
Since the last expansion, Jaws of Oblivion they released, was so badly polished in terms of some cards being too OP and some cards being too trashy (Daedra too OP & Blades too trashy).

Blades Cards should have had an equivalent summon Utility unit card (compared to Oblivion Gate), like maybe a Sky Haven Temple Stronghold that also was summoned in the left lane permashackled and gave other blades cards cool utility buffs.
Instead the Blades cards only got the shitty mechanic; Buff a creature in the opposite lane.
How is that an equal threat vs the invading Daedra? Answer is its not at all!

So I think its only good that new content will be put on hold so they can actually polish new cards more before release, so that the mess that jaws of oblivion caused for them wont happen again.
Hopefully the Blades cards will be reworked to be like I mentioned. It would surely be awesome to see.

Also a game isnt dead just because new content isnt released on a continous basis.
I mean there are still lots of fun decks you can come up with with all the current cards in the game.

If anything I feel its almost been too much content released on too short intervalls.
If you are a player that dont want to pay to get all cards from latest released expansions you wont be able to get use to the meta fast enough because you wont have full collection until there is a new expansion released.
How fun is that reallly on a scale of 1 to 5? Not very fun if you ask me.

So in my opinion it will only be healthy for the game to have a content pause so that people can have time to catch up to the meta of the latest 3 expansions we have gotten in the last year.

I mean I still dont have Full collection of all the 3 latest expansions. So for me its nice that any new content isn't coming anytime soon. I will actually have time to catch up to things and dont feel forced to just focus on getting as much of the newest released cards from a new expansion to be able to keep up with everyone else.

My last words are the game is far from dead and thank you for understanding that sparkypants might just need more time with new content to test and polish before release.
1 Reply
"that new content would be put on hold" are kind words to say the game is dead, its sad, i'll keep playing it for a while, there are not other card game for me, i dont like hs, mtg nor mythgard, its sad
You must be logged in to reply.
Please  Log In or  Register