The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood
The new campaign is available! Infiltrate the legendary band of assassins to save the Dark Brotherhood… or destroy it. Play through the campaign to unlock playsets of 40 new cards for your collection. Choose the Story tile on the Main Landing screen to begin the adventure.
If you haven’t already pre-purchased The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood, you can begin the campaign in two ways:
Card Wording changes:
- Triple Bundle: Get all three maps and all the new Fall of the Dark Brotherhood content for $19.99.
- Single Maps: Play through the first map for $7.99 or 1,000 in-game Gold. After you complete the first map, the second and third maps become available for purchase.
- BONUS: Doom Wolf Mount in The Elder Scrolls Online
When you purchase all three maps, you’ll be granted a Doom Wolf mount in The Elder Scrolls Online! Navigate to the Dark Brotherhood menu, click on the “Get code for The Elder Scrolls Online” button, and redeem your code on The Elder Scrolls Online website to claim your Doom Wolf mount. Please note, this mount is redeemable on PC only.
: now changes only Field Lanes to Shadow Lanes.
When Ahnassi stole a Ward from a creature, that creature’s Ward was broken, sometimes providing a benefit to the owner of the Ward creature. She didn’t like that and we agree. Now, when Ahnassi steals a Ward, it’s just stolen and not broken, so the Ward creature can’t get a benefit from the theft.
Also, to help clarify the proper timing of breaking a Ward, we’ve changed the text on four cards to “After this creature’s Ward is broken.”
- Daggerfall Mage: “Ward, After Daggerfall Mage’s Ward is broken, put a Tome of Alteration into your hand.”
- Breton Conjurer: “Ward, After Breton Conjurer’s Ward is broken, summon a 5/5 Frost Atronach with Guard.”
- Iliac Sorcerer: “Ward, After Iliac Sorcerer’s Ward is broken, double his power.”
- Shornhelm Champion: “Breakthrough, Ward, After Shornhelm Champion’s Ward is broken, he gains +3/+3.”
The Ahnassi change makes these four cards slightly worse from a gameplay perspective. When this update is live, Soul Summoned versions of Daggerfall Mage, Breton Conjurer, Iliac Sorcerer, and Shornhelm Champion can be Soul Trapped for their full value until April 19
New Ability Word: Change
“When a creature Changes into another creature, it keeps its damage, items, and modifications.”
Unlike Transform, which essentially trades one creature for another, Change shows a creature becoming something different while its possessions and states remain the same.
New Keyword: Slay
"When your creature with Slay destroys a creature on your turn, a bonus effect is triggered."
Older cards with "attacks and destroys" text now use this keyword, although attacking is no longer a requirement. As a result, these cards got better because if they can destroy a creature without attacking, they still get their benefit. (One example is the item Staff of Sparks.) Slay really cleans up the text boxes of these cards as well, and that’s always a benefit.
After you play an action
Three cards were changed to clarify their interactions with global effects like Ice Storm (no functionality changes). For example, if your Crystal Tower Crafter is 3/3 and you play an Ice Storm to deal 3 damage to all creatures, she dies before she can get buffed from her game text. Now she says “after” instead of “when” to make that clearer.
User Interface Changes
- Lillandril Hexmage: "After you play an action, deal 2 damage to your opponent."
- Artaeum Savant: “After you play an action, give a random friendly creature +1/+1.”
- Crystal Tower Crafter: "After you play an action, Crystal Tower Crafter gains +1/+1."
Official Article can be found here
- Onboarding: The display of tooltips on first visit to the Main Landing Screen has been toned down.
- Titles: New titles for The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood campaign events.
- Profile: The XP bar now completely fills up with gold for level 50 players. You can also track the completion percentage of your Dark Brotherhood set.
- Collection: There’s now a Dark Brotherhood set filter available.
- Soul Trap: You’re now told right away when trapping a card would change a deck, rather than waiting until the window was closed.
- Merchant’s Camel: This card now presents the two cards it is discarding to both players.
New PvE Decks category available here
If you've found a way to defeat a particularly tough Battle of the Story Mode or if you're struggling to beat the Dark Brotherhood, we've just added a new way to add and find PvE-only decks:
If you want to find PvE decks, on the "decks" page, just hit the Show Filter
button and use the PvE filter
. (This is pretty much empty right now).
If you want to create PvE decks, when submitting your deck with the deck builder, select : PvE (Story and AI)
and choose which particular Battle this deck is built to defeat.
For now, the "Built to defeat" list is empty as I did not have the time to play the Story (will do right after this news is posted).
EDIT: The built to defeat list has been filled based on my playthrough so I might have missed some battles, if so, let me know.
Special thanks to CHARM3R who motivated me on Twitter to finish this feature faster. Hope you like it.