Don’t have an account? Register now!
X
Facebook Login
Google Login

or register a Legends Decks account

Forgot your password?
Already have an account? Log in now!
DMaster2 3 days ago
I’m close to 7k dust saved and i’m thinking it’s time to make a serious competitive deck instead of keep going with unfinished/basic decks. I’ve opened quite a few packs and i’m deciding which deck to make. Since i got Ayreen i’m thinking about control mage, but don’t know how viable that deck is right now in the meta.
Legedaries i got:
1x Blood Dragon
1x Vigilant Giant
1x Daggerfall Mage
3x Supreme Atromancer
1x Nahkriin, Dragon Priest
1x Haafingar Marauder
1x Renowned Legate
1x Auroran Sentry
2x Thieves’ Den
1x Quin’rawl Burglar
1x Blood Magic Lord (soon enough)
1x Tyr
1x Ayrenn
1x General Tullius
1x Adoring Fan
1x Odahviing

4 Comments

DarkVaati 3 days ago
Given that you already own Ohdaviing, Nahkriin, Ayreen and a couple of Supreme Atromancers (the third one is even probably trapable in case of need), Control Mage or even a Tempo Mage is the most obvious way to go. I’d craft a second (even third) Daggerfall Mage, Miraak, as many Mantikoras as you need and maybe Dawn’s Wrath, and go for it.

Almost any deck is viable in the meta right now, even though I’m finding a lot harder to rank up this season. Everyone seems to have more/better cards and play much better this month… I’ve been only playing for quests, but I started at rank 5 and I’m still stuck at low rank 4 by now :/

DMaster2 3 days ago
DarkVaati wrote:
Given that you already own Ohdaviing, Nahkriin, Ayreen and a couple of Supreme Atromancers (the third one is even probably trapable in case of need), Control Mage or even a Tempo Mage is the most obvious way to go. I’d craft a second (even third) Daggerfall Mage, Miraak, as many Mantikoras as you need and maybe Dawn’s Wrath, and go for it.

Almost any deck is viable in the meta right now, even though I’m finding a lot harder to rank up this season. Everyone seems to have more/better cards and play much better this month… I’ve been only playing for quests, but I started at rank 5 and I’m still stuck at low rank 4 by now :/

Thanks for the tips. I’ve played tempo mage a bit with decent results (warrior rank both august and september) but right now i’m stuck at mage and can’t seem to get out of it (on the contrary i’m often pushed back to the serpent).
Hence i was thinking about that control mage deck that did well in the Wrothgar Ascension tourney.
Also being a control player in both MTG and Hearthstone my natural progression would be tempo mage (currently) -> control mage -> ramp (endurance with whatever really).

In case of need what can i trap? I think Auroran Sentry is a pretty safe pick, not sure about Haafingar Marauder and Thieves’ Den.

DarkVaati 2 days ago
I actually like Haafingar Marauder for crusader decks, since it’s the kind of card that can snowball really hard at the right time. If I had to choose one of your cards to be trapped I’d go with Renowned Legate. Whatever the color combination, I’d rather play Bone Colossus, Belligerent Giant or Tazkad the Packmaster for a much better effect at (almost) the same cost.

Palaryel 18 hours ago
Considering your legendary list (and depending on your epic list) you could give this deck 

a try (it can be played without Indoril Archmage and 3x Blood Magic Lord so you almost got all the required legs — I do highly recommend at least 2x Blood Magic Lord tho). Its really powerful and completely viable to take you into legend rank. Also, on another side it uses a lot of the cards required for Scout (purple/green) ramp deck, which is also something you could work for in the near future (considering its power and consistency).

Regarding your legendary collection:
Vigilant Giant, Auroran Sentry, Thieve’s Den (at least 1 copy), Renowned Legate and Tyr are cards which you might consider disenchanting for now in order to get dust for other epic/legendary cards (refrain from crafting commons/rares unless absolutely needed).

Like others said, you need to decide for one base color to start with and build upon. Green or purple (or even blue) are very good choices if you ask me (at least for my playstyle, other opinions may difer). I for example picked purple as my base and built on that, expanding into blue (ward sorc), then later into green (scout ramp) and now finished cards for the deck I listed above, but because of that reason my Red and Yellow cards are almost nonexistant (since I disenchanted most of them to get the decks in Purple/Blue/Green I wanted).

Also, for now you will probably want to wait with crafting dual color cards since they only can be used in their respective class decks (the only high priority dual color cards are Thorn Histmage for Scout, Shornhelm Champion for WardSorc and Ayrenn for Mage).

Also, when it comes to the Mage class someone suggested above: While it is true that you have many of the legendaries required for it (including Ayrenn), unless you miss very few other cards I would recommend you not to heavily invest into that specific class for now. It is a very specific deck type with a distinct playstyle which is not for everybody and you might end up not liking it at all. So if you do decide for Mage, first go and watch a few videos on how exactly it is played and decide if you like that particular playstyle.

You must be logged in to reply.
Please  Log In or  Register
Members: 4209
Threads: 143
Rate article
Legends Decks
Add a comment